In the legal world one aspect is more serious than others, criminal cases. In these cases the burden on the shoulder of the criminal lawyer is immense as he is the one who will ensure that the accused will get just treatment as per the law.
The lawyer must know the inside out of the laws and comprehend clearly the intricacies of the case. He is the one who will prove the prosecution wrong and highlight the brass tacks of the case before the jury so that if his client is innocent, wrongly accused, or been framed by criminals he will get justice and not be punished for crimes he has not committed.
The ideal way to choose a criminal defense lawyer is to find out his reputation from unconnected sources, check out his rating, see whether you are comfortable with him and feel you can trust him with your innermost secrets. In the case of criminal cases a client must be able to confide in the lawyer completely and know that the lawyer will do his best in the case.
When charged with a crime small or large you need the support of a criminal defense attorney. He will arrange for your release and take appropriate action regarding papers and procedure. He will shoulder the responsibility of advising you on procedures and give recommendations on what is the best action or path to take.
And, in case you are not in a financial position to hire a lawyer the state will appoint one to defend you. In criminal cases the most important thing is to know your rights and options.
A Criminal Defense Lawyer must be one who is:
1. Well qualified in criminal law.
2. Passionate about justice and protecting the rights of the client.
3. Bold and confident while in court and have a presence, intimidate the prosecution.
4. A great actor with emoting skills to gain the favor of the jury and convince them of his client's innocence or despair.
5. Confident and has handled many similar cases and won many.
6. More than capable of standing up to a judge and will not be intimidated or browbeaten.
7. Capable of understanding police work and finding out clues and facts.
8. Well versed in hidden facets of the law and can spring surprises during hearings when least expected.
9. Fair in his dealings and will always be honest with the client on how the case is faring and what to expect.
10. Friendly with detectives, police, and other lawyers and can ferret out information that will help the case.
In fact the lawyer should be "Perry Mason" in reality and never be willing to accept defeat and not be afraid of threats and so on. If the lawyer is passionate about his work and adventurous enough to seek new strategies and facts then you can be assured that the lawyer will do more than his best for you.
Aaron Brooks is a freelance writer for http://www.1866attorney.com , the premier website to find Attorney Directory including topics on civil right, litigation, defense, attorney power, legal services, prosecuting all crimes and much more. His article profile can be found at the premier Legal Article Submission Directory http://www.1888articles.com/legal-articles-3.html
Publish this article: 10 Qualities A Criminal Defense Lawyer Should Posses