The internet is one of those things in life that borders on the verge of a good versus evil battle. It can be the greatest money making tool in existence, or the most malicious time waster. When people venture into the business of internet marketing, they often think its going to be a piece of cake.
Most people who decide upon internet marketing as a business venture love the internet to begin with and want to unleash its evident power to their advantage. Sometimes these web lovers are sorely disappointed because it seems that they work for hours upon hours and dont get anything accomplished. That, my friends, is the nature of the beast! If you intend to do business on the internet, you absolutely have to be disciplined in order to manage your time.
Here are 7 steps to doing a better job of it:
1. Set work hours It is so easy to waste time when you should be working and to end up working unreasonable hours. Internet work can seemly turn into an addiction overnight if you dont set specific work hours and stick with them.
2. Schedule play hours Dont spend your work hours playing - surfing the net, visiting internet forums or participating in chat rooms. Set aside leisure time for such activities if you are prone to them.
3. Schedule communications Set specific times during your work hours to open email. This should usually be the first thing and the last thing you do each work day. If you open your email periodically and respond to it, your work hours can be eaten up in a hurry! Turn off any indicators that tell you youve got new email.
4. Block the SPAM Use a SPAM blocker to isolate or block SPAM email and keep it up to date. Use a separate email address for your business and personal email. Open personal email during your leisure time and business email during your scheduled communication time within your work hours.
5. Make a long-term plan Make a long-term plan of what you wish to accomplish through your internet marketing. Having a vision with milestones and deadlines will keep you focused and working purposefully day after day.
6. Plan your days Plan your days ahead of time with a "to do" list that ensures important things will get accomplished. Always plan a little time for unexpected interruptions or demanding little emergencies.
7. Kill the messenger If you use messenger programs such as MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger, log out during your work hours. If you conduct business communications through the messenger program, open separate accounts or block contacts so that only your business associates that you need to be available to can contact you via the messenger program during your work hours.
Implementing these 7 simple tips will help you to master your time and will skyrocket your productivity! About the author: Jason Tarasi Publishes His "Underground Marketing Articles" Weekly. Who Else Wants To Join One Of The Top Free Marketing Websites In The World And Gain Access To Our Vault Of Free Marketing Information, Webmaster Tools And Software? http://www.freeclassifiedlinks.com
Publish this article: 7 Quick And Easy Steps To Manage Your Time More Effectively