The interest in knowing about the human mind leads to the study of psychology. There are many facets of psychology; each is dedicated to a certain type of human behavior. Studying psychology can be both interesting and a rewarding career opportunity. Students specializing in different types of psychology can work as specialists in the relative field. Some examples-
- Psychotherapist: who helps those people who are suffering from depression and uneasiness.
- Experimental psychologist: one who helps the society with the knowledge of dealing with some particular situations.
- Cognitive behavioral psychologist: one who motivates people to think positive and have faith in themselves.
- Industrial psychologist: one who boosts and rebuilds employee motivation.
Psychology used in different fields is called applied psychology. It is the understanding and analyzing of traditional psychology applied in different sectors of the society. Applied Psychology course is offered through distance and online learning besides traditional campus-based learning method. Students can earn associates, B.A, B.Sc, M.A or M.Sc or even doctoral degree in applied psychology through distance learning.
A certificate course in applied psychology comprises of
- Human growth and development
- Behavioral studies
- Criminology and
A bachelor's degree program involves:
- Counselling and Coaching Psychology
- Human Diversity and Difference
- Social, Biological and Developmental Psychology
- Memory, Thought and Language
- Problem-solving and Reasoning Skills
A master's degree program encompasses:
- The basic principles of psychology
- Perception and ergonomics
- Research methodology
- Psychological disorders
- Core psychology along with specialization
Online learning can take lesser time than the traditional mode and can offer as valuable a degree as the traditional one. Learning via the internet or correspondence also allows them a considerable percentage of flexibility. The teaching method also builds their interpersonal skills.
Now let's take a look at different types of applied psychology offered in distance learning mode:
- Consumer psychology: it incorporates strategic marketing and business forecasting skills. This course enables students to research and analyze the current market scenario and make forecasts on the basis of that. Students who specialize in this can work in the field of marketing.
- Clinical Neuropsychology: this course includes the psychometric foundations of the different diagnosis that have been a result of the medical representation of human brain dysfunctions. In simpler words, how the brain dysfunction can affect a person's emotions and behaviors is what is focused on.
- Social psychology: embraces research methodology to bring out interpersonal interactions can influence individual and group behavior.
Roger Pointing is doing his applied applied psychology course from a UK university. For information on distance learning course please visit http://www.rdihongkong.com/
Article Source: Different Types Of Applied Psychology Course